When you unleash an attack on someone, roll with Blood. On a hit, you inflict harm as established and choose 1:
- Inflict terrible harm
- Take something from them
On a 7-9, choose 1 from below as well:
- They inflict harm on you
- You find yourself in a bad spot
When you take advantage of an opening to escape a situation, roll with Blood, On a hit, you get away. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9, choose 2:
- You suffer harm during your escape
- You end up in another dangerous situation
- You leave something important behind
- You owe someone a Debt for your escape
- You give in to your base nature and mark corruption
Persuade an NPC
When you persuade an NPC through seduction, promises, or threats, roll with Heart. On a hit, they do what you ask. On a 7-9, they modify the terms or demand a Debt.
If you cash in a Debt you have with them before rolling, you may add +3 to your roll.
Figure Someone Out
When you try to figure someone out, roll with Mind, On a hit, hold 2. On a 7-9, they hold 1 on you as well. While you’re interacting with them, spend your hold 1-for-1 to ask their player a question:
- Who’s pulling your character’s strings?
- What’s your character’s beef with _____?
- What’s your character hoping to get from _____?
- How could I get your character to _____?
- What does your character worry might happen?
- How could I put your character in my Debt?
If you’re in their Faction, ask an additional question, even on a miss.
Mislead, Distract, or Trick
When you try to mislead, distract, or trick someone, roll with Mind. On a hit, they are fooled, at least for a moment. On a 10+, pick 3. On a 7-9, pick 2:
- You create an opportunity
- You expose a weakness or flaw
- You confuse them for some time
- You avoid further entanglement
Keep Your Cool
When things get real and you keep your cool, tell the MC what situation you want to avoid and roll with Spirit. On a 10+, all’s well. On a 7-9, the MC will tell you what it’s gonna cost you.
Let It Out
When you let out the power within you, roll with Spirit. On a hit, choose 1 and mark corruption. On a 10+, ignore the corruption or choose another from the list.
- Take +1 forward on your next roll
- Extend your senses, supernatural, or otherwise
- Frighten, intimidate, or impress your opposition
- Take definite hold of something vulnerable or exposed
Lend a Hand or Get in the Way
When you lend a hand or get in the way after a PC has rolled, roll with their Faction. On a hit, give them a +1 or -2 to their roll. On a 7-9, you expose yourself to danger, entanglement, or cost.